We arrived Hampi yesterday morning after what should have been a 8 hour bus journey turning into 12 hours, but that's India for you, everything needs to be considered with shanti shanti. However that bus journey didn't go as smoothly as the last one, we didn't stop by any toilets (had to wee by a truck in the dark when we were stuck in traffic, then wee behind the bushes at the second stop),when we stopped by the second stop we were so hungry and old they had was little biscuits so we that all we had for 12 hours (note to ourselves stack up on snacks before departure). Anyways we arrived in the end and its lovely out here and very different from what we have seen before, lots of ruins and beautiful old buildings surrounded by lakes and lots of trees. After checking into Shanti Guest House we decided to rent a moped and drive around town. It was a bit scary at first as I have to remember to stick to the left side and of course the beeping system, but we managed:) Johanna sat on the back and we had a great time (reminded me of if you read this Sian, Soph and Lauren when you were in Norway and we drove around on my moped). Al though the moped is obviously not in the best condition and not of the strongest kind so Johanna had to get off a few times when we were driving up the hills hehe which made us laugh a lot every time it happened (guess you would have to be there to find it funny sorry hehe).
We did experience one weird and I have to say disgusting thing as we stopped by one of the ruins to take a picture, I look over and I see well at first I didn't think I did but it was a boy jerking of very obviously knowing we stood there, I was like Johanna is this boy, is he doing what I think hes doing? and she was like yup welcome to Hampi oh well haha funny but pretty disturbing we decided to drive along! In the evening we found a very Shanti restaurant called Mango Tree that had the most amazing Veg Thaly (we love this and they vary a lot of they contain but its mainly veg, rice, chapati, soup etc) yet and this one was served on palm tree leaves as well. Mango Tree had a very cool lay out to, sitting on the floor with small tables looking at the lake with lots of lit lanterns that created magical atmosphere! After the delicious meal we sat on the internet to try and find tickets to get out to the Islands, but no such luck, to expensive so we have changed our plans again!
As we got time we have decided to go back to Arambol for a week or so Johanna can get her nose pierced again, I can get my hair braided again (as the ones I got now are not as nice anymore) and we get to see our friends again! woopie! But we are only staying there for maximum a week before moving on to Kerala to do yoga, go with boats on the lake and visiting tea plantations which I am very excited about! And after that to Chennai and then North India here we come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment