Monday, January 11, 2010

Organic dancing

Yesterday day we had our first yoga free day as it was Sunday but I had a very nice start to my day anyways. After our usual morning bath in the sea, Dan took me on his bike for a ride to the nearest ATM which is about a 20min ride. It was great I loved it, sitting on the back feeling the wind in your hair wearing a skirt and a top and not being cold, very nice :)

India is all about karma and to a certain extent I do believe in it and try to live by it here. So because Dan was sweet enough to take me to the atm I bought him a new pair of sunglasses as he lost his and he was so happy! Have to tell u a bit about him because he is defiantly one of nicest people I have ever met he has so much good energy and is such a nice person to be around, very shanti. So that was my karma act of the day hehe When we got back Johanna and I went for more swimming and relaxed with the boys for the rest of day and chilled at Woodstock. Woodstock is amazing very inspiring as u meet so many different people who either live or hang out there. There is such a massive mixture of people; a newborn baby (she had it just a few days ago), children, younger people, elderly, hippies etc etc A lot of them smoke weed all day even thou their children are present playing around or sitting next to them , but for them is normal very bizarre for us but an everyday thing for them. All of the people are so lovely thou and have a lot of interesting stories to tell :)

In the evening we went to a place called magic park (a little walk from the beach surrounded by trees and candle lights with seating groups consisting of pillows, sofas and chairs) were there was something called organic dancing. At first I have to admit I was like okkkk WTF is this?! as the music is very calm and not what I'm use to when I go out and it was only 3 people doing weird moves. We sat down for a bit and more people when out on the floor, some of our friends started to dance and as a result we got dragged into to it as well. And you know what I never would have thought I would be able to let myself go and do it (Johanna either) but we did and I'm glad we did cause it was a moment and experience I will never forget. And I did feel better afterwards (and yes I was completely sober).

Monday

Today we started of with yet another yoga sesh but it was harder as it is so hot today and already in the morning it was warmer than usual but we managed through it and went straight for a swim in the sea after. The sea has been our hangout place today pretty much been swimming all day as like I said too hot to do anything else :)

Before we sat down on the internet we had a walk around the markets and I bought bracelets, ear rings, sunglasses and 2 alibaba pants (most comfy pants in the world and so pretty) and it all cost me 9 pounds/90 kr, you gotta love that :D and from what we here this is expensive as the rest of India is cheaper:)

No regrets I took a decision about traveling here, I know half of my trip will obviously not be beach life but experiencing culture and seeing real India more south and north, but I just love this, I needed this, I feel better in every way :) and like I said the people here that you meet makes a part of it too, I care for them already you create special and different bonds with people whilst traveling and you learn so much about yourself and from others!

Enough of deep talking, we're going back to the heath now (air con in internet place) to find a place to have dinner, will try and put up more pics tomo!

No comments:

Post a Comment